Nearly half of health care workers remain unvaccinated, survey finds – KCRA Sacramento

Almost half of health care employees remain unvaccinated, survey discovers

Upgraded: 3:16 PM PDT Mar 22, 2021

Conceal Transcript
Program Transcript

TEO: THANK YOU. NOW TO OUR CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE. HERE ARE CALIFORNIAS LATEST NUMBERS. JOHNS HOPKINS SAYS 3.6 MILLION CASES HAVE BEEN REPORTED. 57,000 HAVE DIED FROM THE VIRUS. A LOOK AT HOW MANY NEW CASES THE STATE HAS REPORTED EACH DAY OVER THE PAST MONTH. 3300 PEOPLE TESTED POSITIVE ON SATURDAY. DEIRDRE: WERE LEARNING NEW INFORMATION ABOUT ONE OF THE COVID-19 VACCINE. ASTRAZENECA SAYS A U.S. TRIAL SHOWS ITS SHOT IS 79% EFFECTIVE. TEO: ALTHOUGH ITS VACCINE HAS BEEN AUTHORIZED IN MORE THAN 50 COUNTRIES, IT HAS NOT YET BEEN GIVEN THE GREEN LIGHT IN THE U.S. OVERNIGHT, THE COMPANY RELEASED DATA FROM A LARGE TRIAL MADE UP OF 30,000 PEOPLE. 20,000 WERE GIVEN THE VACCINE, WHILE THE REST GOT DUMMY SHOTS. ASTRAZENECA SAYS ITS VACCINE HAD A 79% EFFICACY RATE AT PREVENTING SYMPTOMATIC ILLNESS. IT WAS 100% EFFECTIVE IN STOPPING SEVERE DISEASE AND HOSPITALIZATION. OFFICIALS SAID THE VACCINE WAS EFFECTIVE ACROSS ALL AGES, INCLUDING OLDER PEOPLE, WHICH PREVIOUS STUDIES IN OTHER COUNTRIES HAD FAILED TO ESTABLISH. ASTRAZENECA SAYS IT EXPECTS TO APPLY FOR EMERGENCY USE WITH THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION IN THE COMING WEEKS. DEIRDRE: LAST WEEK, MORE THAN A DOZEN COUNTRIES, MOSTLY IN EUROPE, TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED THEIR USE OF THE ASTRAZENECA SHOT AFTER REPORTS IT WAS LINKED TO BLOOD CLOTS. ON THURSDAY, THE EUROPEAN MEDICINES AGENCY CONCLUDED THAT THE VACCINE DID NOT RAISE THE OVERALL RISK OF BLOOD CLOTS, BUT IT COULD NOT RULE OUT THAT IT WAS CONNECTED TO TWO VERY RARE TYPES OF CLOTS. TEO: HERES HOW ASTRAZENECAS SHOT STACKS UP WITH THE OTHER THREE VACCINES APPROVED BY THE FDA. PFIZERS SHOT IS 95% EFFECTIVE AT PREVENTING SYMPTOMATIC ILLNESS. MODERNAS IS 94%. JOHNSON & & JOHNSONS SINGLE SHOT VACCINE IS 72% EFFECTIVE. ALTHOUGH WE DO KNOW THEY ARE DOING TRIALS FOR JOHNSON & & JOHNSON WITH TWO SHOTS. NO WORD ON THAT YET. DEIRDR THOUSANDS OF STUDENTS IN THE SAN JUAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT WILL BE HEADING BACK TO SCHOOL. TEO: MIKE TESELLE IS LIVE WITH MORE. GOOD MORNING. MIKE: GOOD MORNING. WE ARE LIVE AT CAMBRIDGE HEIGHTS ELEMENTARY. THE SIGN SAYS IT ALL, WELCOME BACK. 8:15 THIS MORNING MARKS THE RETURN OF LEARNING IN THE SCHOOL DISTRICT FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS YEAR. NOT ONLY THIS CAMPUS BUT ALL KIKE THROUGH 12TH GRADE– T-K THROUGH 12TH GRADES. THE SAN JUAN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT EVEN POSTING THIS TO HELP GUIDE STUDENTS AND PARENTS THROUGH THIS REOPENING PLAN. YOU CAN ACCESS THOSE AT SANJUAN.EDU. THEY WILL OFFER A HYBRID, TWO DAY IN PERSON A WEEK OPTION. 2.5 HOURS PER DAY. WE SHOULD NOTE IN THE DISTRICT EARLY EDUCATION PROGRAMS DOES NOT RETURN UNTIL APRIL 5. WHILE THE SIGN DOES ESSAY “WELCOME BACK” THOSE THAT WANT TO CONTINUE WITH DISTANCE CAN DO SO. FOR THOSE ANXIOUS TO GET BACK INTO CLASS TODAY IS THE DAY IF YOU ARE IN THE A GROUP. B HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THURSDAY. MIKE TESELLE, KCRA 3 NEWS. TEO: THANK YOU. STARTING TODAY DRIVE-THRU VACCINATION SITE AT CAL EXPO WITH TEMPORARILY SUSPEND GIVING DOSES BECAUSE THEY ARE TRANSITIONING TO PARTNER CURATIVE. THIS TRANSITION WILL RUN THROUGH APRIL 19. THE CAL EXPO SITE. ADMINISTERING DURING THIS.

Almost half of health care workers remain unvaccinated, study discovers

Upgraded: 3:16 PM PDT Mar 22, 2021

A newly launched survey found nearly half of health care workers across the country remain unvaccinated.The survey was done in early March by the Kaiser Family Foundation in partnership with The Washington Post.Among the preliminary findings, the survey found: Just over half (52%) of front-line health care employees state they have actually gotten at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, leaving 48% who have not.The unvaccinated group of front-line health care workers consists of some who either have their vaccination arranged (3%) or strategy to get vaccinated but have not scheduled it yet (15%). It also consists of 3 in 10 who have either not chose whether they will get immunized (12%) or state they do not prepare on getting a COVID-19 vaccine (18%). A large majority of unvaccinated health care employees, who either have actually not chosen if they will get vaccinated or say they do not prepare to get vaccinated, state that concerns about potential side results (82%) and the newness of the vaccine (81%) are major elements in their choice making.

SACRAMENTO, Calif.– A freshly launched survey found nearly half of healthcare employees across the country remain unvaccinated.The study was carried out in early March by the Kaiser Family Foundation in partnership with The Washington Post.
Amongst the preliminary findings, the survey found: Just over half (52%) of front-line health care workers state they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, leaving 48% who have not.The unvaccinated group of front-line health care workers includes some who either have their vaccination set up (3%) or plan to get immunized but have not arranged it yet (15%). It likewise consists of 3 in 10 who have either not chose whether they will get vaccinated (12%) or say they do not prepare on getting a COVID-19 vaccine (18%). A big bulk of unvaccinated health care employees, who either have actually not decided if they will get immunized or state they do not prepare to get immunized, state that concerns about possible side effects (82%) and the newness of the vaccine (81%) are significant aspects in their choice making.

A newly launched study discovered almost half of health care employees across the country stay unvaccinated.The survey was done in early March by the Kaiser Family Foundation in partnership with The Washington Post.Among the preliminary findings, the survey discovered: Just over half (52%) of front-line health care workers say they have received at least one dosage of a COVID-19 vaccine, leaving 48% who have not.The unvaccinated group of front-line health care workers consists of some who either have their vaccination scheduled (3%) or plan to get vaccinated however havent arranged it yet (15%). It likewise consists of 3 in 10 who have either not chose whether they will get immunized (12%) or state they do not prepare on receiving a COVID-19 vaccine (18%). A big bulk of unvaccinated health care workers, who either have actually not decided if they will get vaccinated or say they do not prepare to get vaccinated, state that worries about potential side impacts (82%) and the newness of the vaccine (81%) are significant elements in their choice making. Among the initial findings, the survey discovered: Just over half (52%) of front-line health care employees say they have actually received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, leaving 48% who have not.The unvaccinated group of front-line health care employees includes some who either have their vaccination arranged (3%) or plan to get vaccinated but havent arranged it yet (15%). A big majority of unvaccinated health care employees, who either have actually not decided if they will get immunized or state they do not prepare to get vaccinated, state that worries about potential side impacts (82%) and the newness of the vaccine (81%) are major aspects in their decision making.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *