Mongolian teen dies of bubonic plague after eating infected marmot – Fox News

A 15-year-old Mongolian young boy has passed away after eating a big rodent that was infected with the bubonic plague.The teen ate a marmot, a large rodent that lives in burrows in the North Asian grassland, the nations health ministry announced previously this week.CHINA REPORTS SUSPECTED CASE OF BUBONIC PLAGUE IN INNER MONGOLIAAt least 2 other teenagers consumed the marmot too but are being treated with antibiotics, ministry representative Narangerel Dorj stated, according to the Associated Press. Their conditions were not made clear.The government enforced a quarantine on a portion of Gobi-Altai province, where the cases happened. The health ministry said 15 individuals who had contact with the boy who passed away were quarantined and are receiving antibiotics.The pester is found in marmots there along with in some other wild animals in parts of Mongolia, northwestern China and eastern Russia, according to the Associated Press.The news comes after a squirrel in Colorado just recently checked favorable for the bubonic afflict. The squirrel is the very first case of plague in the town of Morrison, Jefferson County, which has to do with 17 miles southwest of Denver.” Plague is a contagious disease brought on by the germs Yersinia pestis, and can be contracted by human beings and family animals,” public health officials composed. However, if proper precautions are taken, the danger of getting afflict is “exceptionally low,” they added.Humans can get infected through bites from infected fleas or animals.CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APPSymptoms of plague can consist of high fever, chills, headache and queasiness, to name a few signs, taking place within a week of exposure. Nevertheless, pester can be treated with prescription antibiotics upon early diagnosis.Fox Newss Kayla Rivas and the Associated Press added to this report..

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *