A man died from rabies after waking up to a bat in his room – East Idaho News

(CNN)– A man in northeastern Illinois died from rabies about a month after apparently being contaminated by a bat he found in his space, marking the first human case of the infection in the state because 1954, health authorities stated Tuesday. After the bat checked positive for rabies, the guy declined postexposure treatment, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) stated in a news release. The majority of US rabies cases stem from bats, CDC states A 2019 CDC report found that bats are the cause of seven out of 10 cases of rabies in the United States.

(CNN)– A male in northeastern Illinois died from rabies about a month after obviously being contaminated by a bat he discovered in his space, marking the first human case of the infection in the state since 1954, health officials said Tuesday. After the bat evaluated positive for rabies, the male declined postexposure treatment, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) said in a news release. The state health department advises that people who come in close to a bat needs to not release it till it can be evaluated for rabies. A lot of US rabies cases stem from bats, CDC says A 2019 CDC report found that bats are the cause of 7 out of 10 cases of rabies in the United States.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *