42 people quarantined amid COVID-19 outbreak at San Antonio assisted living facility, officials confirm – KSAT San Antonio

SAN ANTONIO– Forty-two people are now in seclusion after checking positive for COVID-19 at a San Antonio assisted living facility, a management company for the center confirms.The favorable cases were reported among 31 citizens and 11 team member last week at Heartis San Antonio Assisted Living and Memory Care on the far North Side.All 31 citizens are completely immunized; four employee are totally immunized, three have their very first doses and 4 have actually not been vaccinated, authorities said.In Bexar County, since Wednesday, July 21, city COVID-19 records show the seven-day average of new cases is at 363. Although the healthcare facility tension in your area is deemed “mild,” the city website also suggests that the risk level of contracting the infection is “getting worse.”AdHeartis San Antonio stated it is evaluating all personnel and locals weekly, and they are also carrying out health screenings on an everyday basis.The very first employees that tested positive for COVID-19 were “showing signs at work and were immediately sent out home,” according to officials.All of those who checked positive for COVID-19 run out the assisting living facility and were transferred to a neighboring partnered facility, authorities said. “Our COVID-19 mitigation protocols exceed and beyond federal CDC and Brexar County health department requirements for long-lasting care centers. This includes daily health examinations of staff, routine screening of all citizens and staff, additional PPE resources, quarantined isolation spaces and paid leave for displaying signs of COVID-19,” a management company for the center stated in a statement.This is an establishing story and well bring more updates as they end up being available.AdMore on KSAT: Copyright 2021 by KSAT – All rights reserved.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *